Inspired by dancehall riddims and the recent work of two of our favourite producers Murlo (Quartz EP) and Dubbel Dutch (Self Help Riddim), we have decided to launch the HDD Strictly Riddims mix series focusing on our favourite instrumentals. With this series we hope to increase appreciation for dancehall riddims and instrumentals as we feel that in dancehall the productions and producers don’t often get the props they deserve. The fifth mix in the series is from HDD resident The Large. The Large runs the excellent Shimmy Shimmy website and is one of the hardest working people in the UK dancehall scene. Her mix definitely does not disappoint, blending old and new riddims from some of the best producers in dancehall, and also features tunes from Murlo and Dubbel Dutch. Who needs vocals!
Download the mix here
Here more from The Large here
Posted in HDD Strictly Riddms Mix Series, Music
Tagged Dancehall, instrumental mix, mixed by the large, riddims, shimmy shimmy, strictly riddims, strictly riddims mix, strictly riddims no 5, the large, versions
The latest mix from The Large is perfect and just in time for carnival. Running through the best dancehall songs over the past few months including Mad Mi on the Bong Diggy riddim and a recent Kartel that is classic Kartel, Party Mi Seh. This is the mix to get you ready for Notting Hill Carnival, play it every day until then. Dont Forget you can catch The Large at our World Carnival party this saturday.
Carnival is fast approaching so we chose some of our favourite danccehall inspired tees to get you looking carnival fresh this bank holiday weekend.
1. What better way to look bad like Jimmy Cliff than with this Harder They Come tee from Soundkilla.
2. Carnival is all about forwards, rewinds and pull ups, so this pull up tee from David Rodigan’s online store is perfect for the occasion.
3. You can’t fail to look like a Don in the Supercat Don Dada tee from Shimmy Shimmy . Also available in purple.
4. Gabe from Seen recently exhibited some of his work as part of Art in The Dancehall grab a piece of wearable art from him with this Mad Cobra tee.
5. Vybz Kartel is still on top even if he is behind bars! We love this World Boss tee from Swedish t-shirt brand Nuh Linga.
6. Announce your gallis status in this Get Gyal Easy tee from Mixpak . Also available in white.
7. The Yah Suh Nice tee from Shimmy Shimmy is the only t-shirt to be rocking while you bubble bubble bubble like chicken gravy this weekend . Also available in black.
8. The HDD Dance tee is one of the only t-shirts out there with carnival anthem PALANCE across the chest! It features all the skanks you will be busting out at our carnival party and at Notting Hill Carnival – from the robot to the bogle. Also available in white.
Posted in Carnival Style, HDD Guide to Notting Hill Carnival
Tagged carnival style, carnival t shirts, dancehall t shirts, David Rodigan, don dada, get gyal easy, harder they come, hdd guide to notting hill carnival, HDD tees, jimmy cliff, mad cobra, mixpak, nuh linga, popcaan tshirt, seen tshirts, shimmy shimmy, super cat, world boss