This week we and our carnival experts have told you where to go, what to eat and what to listen out for. We haven’t told you what to bring, below are our carnival essentials. Ten things you need to maximise your carnival experience.
1. Carnival is all about repping your counrty and pumpin yuh flag
2. It can get hot out there so a spare t-shirt is always helpful
3. A whistle is a definite carnival essential
4. Bitter lemon or any other mixer (Ting, Ginger Beer or Coke)
5. Party Machel Montano style with a bottle of rum (preferably Appleton Estate)
6. Styrofoam Cup is this year’s cup to be seen with
7. Remember Mr Vegas’ advice badman nuh drink outta straw but straws are pretty useful for mixing your rum and chaser.
8. Towel is dual purpose, excellent for waving round your head like a helicopter to power soca or for when times get hot and sweaty
9. Hand sanitiser for times when the port-a-loos have no soap left
10. This list would not be complete without an airhorn, hand pumped or gas airhorns are perfect for showing your appreciation for carnival anthems.