Carnival is fast approaching so we chose some of our favourite danccehall inspired tees to get you looking carnival fresh this bank holiday weekend.
1. What better way to look bad like Jimmy Cliff than with this Harder They Come tee from Soundkilla.
2. Carnival is all about forwards, rewinds and pull ups, so this pull up tee from David Rodigan’s online store is perfect for the occasion.
3. You can’t fail to look like a Don in the Supercat Don Dada tee from Shimmy Shimmy . Also available in purple.
4. Gabe from Seen recently exhibited some of his work as part of Art in The Dancehall grab a piece of wearable art from him with this Mad Cobra tee.
5. Vybz Kartel is still on top even if he is behind bars! We love this World Boss tee from Swedish t-shirt brand Nuh Linga.
6. Announce your gallis status in this Get Gyal Easy tee from Mixpak . Also available in white.
7. The Yah Suh Nice tee from Shimmy Shimmy is the only t-shirt to be rocking while you bubble bubble bubble like chicken gravy this weekend . Also available in black.
8. The HDD Dance tee is one of the only t-shirts out there with carnival anthem PALANCE across the chest! It features all the skanks you will be busting out at our carnival party and at Notting Hill Carnival – from the robot to the bogle. Also available in white.
Posted in Blog
Tagged carnival style, carnival t shirts, dancehall t shirts, David Rodigan, don dada, get gyal easy, harder they come, hdd guide to notting hill carnival, HDD tees, jimmy cliff, mad cobra, mixpak, nuh linga, popcaan tshirt, seen tshirts, shimmy shimmy, super cat
Our favourite t-shirt brand (and dancehall blog) Shimmy Shimmy just dropped a new collection of dancehall inspired tees and they are suh nice! The Don Dada tee pictured above comes in purple or white and is joined in the collection by a Shimmy Shimmy logo tee, a Potential Kidd inspired tee in two colours and a Lady Saw tee which are also badass! Check out the lookbook video below to see the whole range and order yours now from the Shimmy Shimmy shop.
Shimmy Shimmy 2012 Collection from Shimmy Shimmy on Vimeo.
PS. You can also check out The Large (the lady behind Shimmy Shimmy and the collection) playing some of her favourite Don Dada tracks on the latest Style & Swagger show.
Posted in Blog
Tagged chat to mi back, dancehall brand, dancehall inspired t shirts, dancehall tees, don dada, lady saw t shirt, potential kid t shirt, shimmy shimmy, supercat, supercat t shirt, t shirts, yuh so nice