Carnival is fast approaching so we chose some of our favourite danccehall inspired tees to get you looking carnival fresh this bank holiday weekend.
1. What better way to look bad like Jimmy Cliff than with this Harder They Come tee from Soundkilla.
2. Carnival is all about forwards, rewinds and pull ups, so this pull up tee from David Rodigan’s online store is perfect for the occasion.
3. You can’t fail to look like a Don in the Supercat Don Dada tee from Shimmy Shimmy . Also available in purple.
4. Gabe from Seen recently exhibited some of his work as part of Art in The Dancehall grab a piece of wearable art from him with this Mad Cobra tee.
5. Vybz Kartel is still on top even if he is behind bars! We love this World Boss tee from Swedish t-shirt brand Nuh Linga.
6. Announce your gallis status in this Get Gyal Easy tee from Mixpak . Also available in white.
7. The Yah Suh Nice tee from Shimmy Shimmy is the only t-shirt to be rocking while you bubble bubble bubble like chicken gravy this weekend . Also available in black.
8. The HDD Dance tee is one of the only t-shirts out there with carnival anthem PALANCE across the chest! It features all the skanks you will be busting out at our carnival party and at Notting Hill Carnival – from the robot to the bogle. Also available in white.
Posted in Blog
Tagged carnival style, carnival t shirts, dancehall t shirts, David Rodigan, don dada, get gyal easy, harder they come, hdd guide to notting hill carnival, HDD tees, jimmy cliff, mad cobra, mixpak, nuh linga, popcaan tshirt, seen tshirts, shimmy shimmy, super cat
Style & Swagger’s first live gig is on Friday May 13th and it is alongside none other than Sir David Rodigan!
Style & Swagger DJs (& HDD residents) Kazabon, Why Delila and The Large are super excited for this one and you should be too. Starting at 9pm and going til 4am; Motive, J Den, and past HDD guest CWD will also be spinning on the night, with a live performance from Xo Man. £8 on the door
Check out the facebook event page for more info.
Posted in Blog
Tagged brixton, Bump Plan B, CWD, David Rodigan, J Den, kazabon, Motive, Style & Swagger, the large, why delila, XO Man